It is that time of the year again. I think some parents truly believe it is the most wonderful time of the year. I was speaking with my sister the other day and she was about ready to pull out her hair if she heard “I’m bored” one more time.
So with a new school year about to start here are a few back to school computer tips that just make life a little easier.
- Update your security on your computer. Make sure that your anti virus and malware protection programs are current.
- Update Windows – make sure that all updates for your operating system have been done.
- Check to see the drivers for your peripherals like printers are up to date.
- How much space is on your hard drive? Do you need to clean up some old files and programs that you no longer need? Do you think you will require more space in the new year?
- Have a back up system in place – lost data files are no fun. Look at cloud based solutions like Carbonite and Crash Plan – they can be a really inexpensive insurance plan. Because if the computer crashes you don’t want to hear that the big project is gone with only hours before its due.
- Check with the school if you need any specific programs for the coming year. Back to school sales have started and you might be able to do some comparison shopping.
And if you think it might be time for a new computer you may be able to get a good deal with the current sales. But please remember if it’s really cheap there probably is a really good reason. And when in doubt call PC Service On Site at 416-904-4873 or 705-300-4350 and we will happily answer your questions.